Sunday, July 11, 2010

July update

I did not know what to expect when it came to the 4th of July festivities in Ketchikan, but I was very impressed. It full out poured all day July 3rd, and was still raining the morning of the 4th. But I guess everyone's prayers worked because the sun came out and we had a beautiful 4th. The parade made it's way down two miles on Tongass (the main road through town), from Tatsuda's IGA to the Plaza. PK had to work, so I went to the parade alone and took cell phone pics for him to see. Some of the floats/participants included representatives from the Prince Rupert city counsel, the little leaguers, Kayhi class of 1980, the mayors of Ketchikan, the Borough and Saxman, and even a float (Gross Theatres?) with a Twilight Saga: Eclipse banner on it. The parade was slow-moving, like herding cats, but it was a lot of fun and really well done. Afterward, I picked up PK from work, and we went to the booths at the Plaza to play games and eat cotton candy, followed by a party and fireworks at 11 pm.

I am continuously amazed by the beauty and serenity of my new home. We are starting to get to know people, and getting involved in the community. I don't think we will ever leave here.

No comments:

Post a Comment